Saturday, September 28, 2013

Anime Song: Call Your Name (Attack on the Titan)

There are so many songs that deserve recognition, so lets start with this song! From the hot anime show, Attack the Titan, is Call Your Name. Not clear on the artist name but it is composed by Hiroyuki Sawano who has experience in the anime department.


At first the pronunciation was a bit difficult, definitely not a native English speaker. But it was still well spoken for a foreigner. His voice is amazing to make up his pronunciation. 
Here are the lyrics if anyone had a hard time understanding the words:

She lost her brother a month ago
His picture on the wall
And it reminds me
When she brings me coffee...Her smile
I wish i could be with her until my last day

She said she gave all her love to me
We dreamt a new life
Some place to be at peace
But things changed...Suddenly
I lost my dreams in this disaster

I'm crying
Missing my lover 
I don't have the power
On my side forever

Oh where is my lover
I got no power
I'm standing alone, no way
Calling out your name

I said I gave all my love to you
We dreamt a new house
Some place to be at peace
But things changed....Suddenly
I lost my dreams in this disaster

We don't know what is wrong tonight
Everybody's got no place to hide
No one's left and there's no one to go on
All I know is my life is gone

I'm crying
Missing my lover 
I don't have the power
On my side forever

Oh where is my lover
I got no power
I'm standing alone, no way
Calling out your name

The song tells a story about a romantic relationship. However, the girlfriend/spouse died and now he is dealing with the lost. What makes the song more depressing is it's not one who is suffering but both lost something dear to them. This highlight that no one can hide from disasters. Cause that's life.

Not only does the song fits real life but also with the show. Attack on Titan is all about loss and death. Not one person, but all of the characters go through a traumatic experience. Either by a friend or themselves getting eaten. Hence, depressing show. But when it is played in the anime, always during the victorious or climatic part of the show. So the meaning does not really match the scene. But still a great song.

A great song to listen to that is a sort of powerful ballad and rock song. Has a strong meaning, great voice, and music. A must hear song and anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment